Submissions open Friday, December 1st, 2017 and close Wednesday, February 21st, 2018 at 11:59pm.
Scroll to the bottom of this page to submit to any or all of Quadrangle's categories: prose, poetry, fine art, and photography.
We accept anything you can put on paper. We want poetry, painting, collage, short fiction, non-fiction; give us your flash fiction, plays, photos, drawings, printings, and visual creations both colorful and legible.
Most of all we are seeking creations that are communal. All work in Quadrangle 66 will be featured as one body brought together between bindings. Pieces in Q66 will be paper neighbors, and this artistic closeness is what we want to bring out in the magazine. Pieces with themes in any way surrounding community - the human ties created and severed between groups of individuals over time - are especially welcome submissions.
Submissions are accepted from any student, alumnus, or faculty member of Canisius College.
Upload to the appropriate category-- PHOTOGRAPHY, FINE ART, PROSE, or POETRY. You are allowed to submit to more than one category. Click the +SHOW GUIDELINES tab on the right of each category to learn more.
The average length for prose submissions is around 10 pages.
**PLEASE MAKE SURE SUBMISSIONS ARE ANONYMOUS.
DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME IN THE DOCUMENT.**
NO COVER LETTER IS NECESSARY -- instead, please include your name, graduation year, preferred e-mail address, and cell phone number (optional).
We look forward to reviewing your submissions!
- Title, date, medium (digital or film), dimensions (if possible), location (if possible)
- Walk of the Gods, March 2014, Digital Photograph, Positano, Italy.
- Allentown Bubble Man, June 2011, Polaroid, 3 1/4 x 1 1/4 in., Buffalo, New York.
- Untitled Self-Potrait, August 2010, Digital Photograph.
- For 2-D works, scanning is preferred
- For 3-D works, photograph the work with a black or neutral background
- Images taken with smartphones are OK, but it will eventually have to be photographed on a high-resolution camera if selected for the magazine
Example: Convergence, 1952, oil on canvas, 95 1/4 x 157 1/8 inches.