Submissions will be accepted from any student, alumnus, or faculty member of Canisius College. We accept poetry, short fiction, short non-fiction, plays, photography, and visual art (sculpture, paintings, drawings, etc.).
The first round of submissions will be accepted until December 12, 2015. Submissions will be accepted on a rolling basis from that date, but contributors who submit after the 12th will not hear about their acceptance to or rejection from the magazine until February. The second round of submissions will officially begin in January and end in February.
**Contributors who submit before the 12th of December will hear about their acceptance to or rejection from the magazine in January, and will be able to revise their work for a second chance to submit in the second round if necessary.**
Upload to the appropriate category-- PHOTOGRAPHY, FINE ART, PROSE, or POETRY. You are allowed to submit to more than one category. Click the +SHOW GUIDELINES tab on the right of each category to learn more.
**PLEASE MAKE SURE SUBMISSIONS ARE ANONYMOUS.
DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME IN THE DOCUMENT.**
NO COVER LETTER IS NECESSARY -- instead, please include your name, graduation year, preferred e-mail address, and cell phone number (optional).
We look forward to reviewing your submissions!
- Title, date, medium (digital or film), dimensions (if possible), location (if possible)
- Walk of the Gods, March 2014, Digital Photograph, Positano, Italy.
- Allentown Bubble Man, June 2011, Polaroid, 3 1/4 x 1 1/4 in., Buffalo, New York.
- Untitled Self-Potrait, August 2010, Digital Photograph.
- For 2-D works, scanning is preferred
- For 3-D works, photograph the work with a black or neutral background
- Images taken with smartphones are OK, but it will eventually have to be photographed on a high-resolution camera if selected for the magazine
Example: Convergence, 1952, oil on canvas, 95 1/4 x 157 1/8 inches.